Sunday, May 29, 2011

What to do...what to do...

There is so much to do....work on the house, work in the yard, work it the studio.  It's frustrating not to be able to do it all.  But there are only some many hours in a day (24 I think) and I have to pick and choose. 

We hired someone to mow the lawn but that still leaves all the flower beds.  I've gradually been switching them over to things like hostas and other annuals that I don't have to plant every year.  But I still have to weed....and I haven't been into the beds in the back yard for three years.  It's weed heaven.  But I plan to make it a long term....all summer project. 

The house...that's a bigger project.  We've been here for 20+ years and most of the work had to be done on the outside.  It's beyond time to redo the inside.  But there are so many things that it's overwhelming.  I need to take the "how to eat an elephant" approach....One bite at a time.  Since repainting it best wth a top down approach....I guess painting the ceiling is first.  Time to tell Lou to paint the ceiling...HAHAHA.

Then there is art.  That's must every weekend.  I feel like I've missed something if I don't make it into the studio.  And you can see by the picture below that I have a great big pile of pieces that are calling my name...waiting to be made into jewelry.  

Today we have a wedding.  My niece is getting married.  It's an evening wedding dowtown.  I'm going to wear a dress for the first time in about 3 years...HA.  I prefer to think of myself as a Tom Boy but I did find a cute black and white polka dot dress....about as far away from Tom Boy as you can get.  I have a pair of killer shoes and a red purse.  I need to figure out my jewlery.  Bronze isn't going to go with this outfit.

Later.  There a silver necklace I need to finish and wear tonight.
.

No comments: