Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spur of the Moment Shopping Spree

Thursday and Friday were so bad that I decided I needed to pamper myself.  And what better than a trip to my favorite bead store....Bead Paradise.  I pampered myself big time...LOL.  I had been looking at their website and fell in love with way too much stuff.  And as I got a large refund from the IRS I decided to put it back into supplies.  So I took a road trip to Oberlin. 

Here are some of my goodies.

 Hebron beads.  Made from the 12th Century to around the 1880s in Hebron, near Jerusalem, using salts of the Dead Sea as their alkali.

Gaspeite

 Nickel Silver and Brass Beads

Tiny brass heishi from Nepal and charms

More brass.  Very phallic.

 Vintage Czech glass beads.

Bezel set quartz from Nepal.  These are so cool. Old and scuffed up.  They are gorgeous.

 Glass beads from Cambodia

Roman glass

Old silver pendant from India, circa 1890-1920’s, depicting the Brahmanical triad  of Hindu gods: Lord Brahma the first, with Vishnu being the second and Shiva, the thirdCirca 1890-1920


Rajasthani hero/horseman that was deified and is considered a village protectorate.  Circa 1900.

A horse buckle from India

 The next three pics are the from the same strand.  Chin/Burmese bronze bells, beads, and heishi circa 1950's



Ruth has a amazing amount of items on her website so if you want to pick up some things for yourself and don't live close enough to go to her store...you can buy on-line.  If you do live close enough...go there.  It's such a great store.  Great clothes, accessories, and obviously fabulous beads.  This is one of those places that I'd like to be locked inside overnight.  Then I could spend hours checking everything out.

5 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

LOVE the vintage czech beads. By the way, did I mention that I hate you?

Carol Dee, CZT said...

Ohhhhhh, Ooooooooo!!!! I think I need some of that! ! ! and that! ! ! and. . . . .What fun!

Unknown said...

Love them all, Gail! :)

Katie Hanrahan said...

You should have called me! Just sayin...

Ellen Dooley Lampwork said...

nice shopping trip!

what beauties! I especially love the Hebron beads..very nice...