Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bummer....

I mean really....BUMMER.  I know it was cracked and tried to patch it before firing but it split apart anyway.  It was turning out to be a really cool bracelet.  Oh well....back to the drawing board and this time I need to be a little more careful. But I'm having fun experimenting with bracelets. 

Here are a few other pieces from this weekend.




We were at the art museum on Friday to view the Japanese and Koren exhibit, "The Lure of Painted Poetry" and for a taste testing of saki.  This was a favorite for both Lou and I (and the saki was good too!!)


They also had an exhibit of items from South Africa, "The Art of Daily Life: Portable Objects from Southeast Africa".  This was more to my liking.

Vessel with Lid

 Apron

Headrest

Today we were at Mom's for Easter Dinner.  Nice to get the family together but it was too short.  Everyone had  other dinners and family gatherings to go to.  You just have to catch time together when you can. 

The weekend is over much too quickly....DAMN.
.

4 comments:

Katie Hanrahan said...

So sorry about the bracelet! Maybe you could do a REAL metal strap on it to fix it!
Love that Headrest from the South Africa exhibit!!

Wendy said...

Your bracelet is really nice, so ...keep trying!!
Wendy

Cristina Leonard said...

Total bummer. Later on it'll be a good thing because of all that you'll learn from it, but right now it stinks! Can't wait to see the next one.

Roberta Warshaw said...

I hate it when I ruin a piece. Especially at the end. Like you say, back to the drawing board. Although it usually takes me a few days to go back in.