Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Colors from the Kiln

Gordon has teased me that I have magic laundry room carbon for my bronze...but I always wonder if leaving the carbon in a bowl in the laundry room might have something to do with the colors I'm getting and the fact that I'm still using the same batch of carbon for two years now. 

Before I loaded my stainless steel pan last night I noticed something gooey on the edge.  Some liquid laundry detergent had dripped on the pan.  I wiped it off but wondered if it would have any effect on the color.  I don't know if it did, but this time I got greens/yellows when I was getting blues/purples.  It's a mystery....I never really know what I'm going to get.....it's Forest Gump carbon. 

Here are the pieces straight out of the kiln.  There is a little blue and purple but mostly it was green and yellow.



And polished up....



.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Colors are a bit different this time. Like a box of chocolate...

Anonymous said...

BTW, that was me, Gordon :)

Cristina Leonard said...

I'm still using my original carbon too and I get great color every time. Love the bracelet.

Karen Elmquist said...

Admit it, you are peeing in the carbon, right?
Love the bracelet!!

Gail said...

OK...I admit it. I'm peeing in the carbon. The bracelet came out better than I expected. I'm going to make a few more then write a tutorial.

norma fries said...

Peeing in the carbon and then using laundry soap. Nice set of tricks.