Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bead and Button

It's here...I'm here after a 7 hour drive. Hooked up with Cris who I have been wating an entire year to see!!!. Helped Anne set her classroom up and met a great new friend...Karen Elmquist. She is an amazing lampworker and also sells vintage jewelry and clothing. Cris, Karen and I have all been in Anne Mitchell's 3-day workshop. We are brushing up on our fusing skills and making the kick-ass pendants from sheet metal and natural stone cabochons. When I finish mine tomorrow I will post a pic.

So far it's been a blast. We have hooked up with Gigi and Henriette who we met last year in one of Celie's classes. They both live in Miami. Gigi is from Puerto Rico and Henriette is from Brazil. Sunday night we went out for drinks. I laughed so much I got a headache. Last night we had dinner with Stephanie Sersich and Dustin Tabor. They are teaching a master class in lampworking.

Already ran into Susan Lenert Kazmer, Donna Mehnert, Celie Fago, Jennier Kahn, Mary Hettsmansperger......all the divas of this industry....and they are all so great!!!! I can't believe I am lucky enough to know them all.

So far I have bought a couple of new hammers.....Fretz....one is a texture hammer and it is so cool. Also bought a ton...I mean a ton of lampwork beads from Donna. Her beads are so amazing and I haven't purchased lampwork for ages as I still have so many beads to design with..but these were hard to resist. Also picked up Mary Hetts new book. LOVE IT!!!! And I picked one up for my friend Brenda who couldn't make it to B&B this year. Bren...you are going to love it!!!! Bought all this and the vendors don't open until Thursday night.

More later along with photos of the crew.

No comments: