Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 5 at B&B

Day 5 was amazing. I took a ring class with Susan Lenart Kazmer. She is the rock star of the Bead and Button Show. I can't say enough about how much I love this girl. Funny, energetic, and way out of the box. She can take a pile of junk and create a masterpiece. We made these towering rings and put them together with rivets. If you like creating found object jewelry you should buy her book. It isn't an instruction book but rather a book for inspiration. I have taken multiple classes with her and have always enjoyed myself and come away with new ideas and techniques. Below are some pics of a ring I made. I brought some etched copper discs with me and I dapped those into domes. I piled them up with ribbons and resin page fragments and riveted these onto a nickel silver ring shank that I hammered out. If you are not a fan of this type of jewelry...you won't like it. But I love this funky stuff and it was sooo much fun to make.




I bugged out of class early to get to the exhibit hall and help Michele Goldstein in her booth. Take a look at the pics below.





These are the beads that I picked up from Michele. Check out the heart bead....that's awesome!!


No comments: