Sunday, June 8, 2008

Shopping, shopping, shopping......

Day 6 at B&B was spent shopping, shopping, shopping. Too much in fact. I had to quench my credit cards in cold water. I love hill tribe silver so I bought a bunch. I found a number of really cool silver beads to incorporate into the lampwork bead bracelets that I make.


I also stopped at Afghan Tribal Arts and picked up a strand of kick-ass lapis and another of black jade. I don't often work in gemstones but each year I stop at Abe's booth and buy a strand or two of really chunky hand carved gemstones.


I hit Cool Tools and Whole Lotta Whimsy to pick up more texture plates for PMC. I picked up Mary Hettsmansperger's new book....Wrap, Stich, Fold and Rivet....well worth the money. I got some cabs from Gary Wilson so I can make more necklaces like those I made in Anne's class.


Cris and I stopped at Pima arts and picked up pendants from Tibet.


I also met up with Donna Mehnert of Blackberry Beads and bought some stash from her. I am going to be working with these this week to display at the Hathaway Brown show.



The shopping was mild boggling and exhausting. At the end of the day we ended up sitting together and just laughing....you know...that I'm so tired I'm giddy type of laughing. It was great. In fact most of the show we laughed like that. It was great!!

No comments: