Thursday, June 19, 2008

I was so juiced today

Today was set-up day for the show. Lou helped me set up the tent this morning and then he took off to work. I spent the next couple hours putting up the sides and setting up my booth. Michael.... 2 tents down.... pulled his van up and started blasting 70's metal.... it was awesome and had me dancing around my tent. When I zipped up my tent and drove away I was so juiced. I am in a REAL art show. It was fantastic to not be in the office but to be outside and surrounded by other artists. Life gives you good days and bad days. When you get a day like this you just have to drink it up...to the last drop.


Cleveland has been in the news for it's poverty level but the city has stark contrasts. The art show is on the grounds of a private school (which is large enough to host 135 artists) and the surrounding neighborhood is very rich. Below is a picture of the house across the street from the school. The garage attached to this house if bigger than my first floor....I'm not kidding.



Well, I'm off to finish some necklaces for tomorrow. A lot of you have been commenting on my blog....I'll talk to you or e-mail you all once the show is over. Love to you all!!

4 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Good luck sweetie! I know you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Gail and I hope it keeps fine for you. Knock 'em bandy.

Cristina Leonard said...

HOW DID IT GO? HOW DID IT GO? HOW DID IT GO?

Donna Picione said...

we are all waiting!! my guess is that you are either so worn from the show that you need a day or two to recover before you share ......... or that you made so much money that you are out having a great time spending it!!

lol ....... worthington is a great show .... not a good as st johns ...

d-