Sunday, June 29, 2008

Productive Weekend

I got alot done this weekend. Yesterday I cleaned the house. Today I spent 3 hours outside with the bumble bees weeding and pruning the landscaping. 3 hours doesn't sound like much but when you are constanly moving....it's alot. I filled 2 extra large garbage bags with trimmings. Below is the rock wall that borders the right side of our driveway. We used to have a railroad tie retaining wall there but a few years after we moved in the wall started to lean...badly. So we had a landscaper come in and build a rock wall. It's made of of Moss Rock which lichens tend to grow on. I think I'm likin' the lichens :))




This is the left side of the driveway and the entrance to the house. I had to cut back the pine tree to open up one of the flower beds. I need to get a few more geranium to fill in the bed. The clematis on the light pole was filled with flowers on Friday but with all the rain it has taken a beating. I took a close-up of a bloom after the rain.



The center of this bloom is awesome.

With Lou being into the martial arts we have pagodas all over the place. I usually put a stone bunny rabbit next them. It makes Lou crazy. I tell him our lanscaping is Bunny Zen. The one that was here sat out for a few too many winters and crumbled. I have to get another one. Another 3 hours session in the front of the house to lay down some mulch and finish weeding and I can move to the back of the house. I have three major flower beds there to clean up. I also have a friend that hangs around back.....


I threw out some bread but that wasn't good enough so I grabbed a bag of dried fruit and nuts....boy did Sammy the Squirrel like those. Just sat there munching away on the fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be very careful about feeding squirrels. They can be very mean. If they get used to you feeding them, they will wait at your door, chew holes in your screens, and get thoroughly pissed if you stop for any reason (like being away for the PMC Conference). I sure wouldn't make a habit of feeding those critters.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous yard, thanks for posting the pics...I love seeing what other parts of the country look like, the various plants you can grow that I can't down here where its steamy hot...everything looks so cool and inviting...loves it...

donner