Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A few more pics from London

A cute area around South Kensington.  We almost booked into a hotel about a block from here.  As much as I loved the apartment...this would have been a great area to hang around.
On just about every street crossing they had painted..."Look Left" and "Look Right"...which was very helpful since they drive on the other side of the road than we do.  As a pedestrian from the US you look the wrong direction for on-coming traffic in London.  I wonder how many tourists lives have been saved due to these signs.
 I cracked up at this one.  The widow was full length and there was a cosmetic counter on the others side.  Based on the sign...I imagine that a lot of people banged into the window.
I always take pictures of all types of cats in museums.  This one was huge.  Big enough to ride. 
Lou at Trafalgar Square

We wondered into St. Katherine's Docks over by The Tower.  I can't begin to imagine how much it costs to have slip in London.

The Dickens Inn.  A reconstructed warehouse from the 18th century.  

Magnificent Aztec tablet at the British Museum.  I was amazed at the pristine condition of many of their artifacts.

Beads...of course!!!

No comments: