Saturday, July 3, 2010

Be still my beating heart.....

Did you ever have one of those moments when you make something and it makes your heart beat faster, your head spin, and your eyes roll back in your head.  I cut apart the strand of ancient quartz I bought at B&B.  This stuff is lickable....yes lickable.  Pretty beads and gemstones are all lickable in my opinion.  Here is the original strand.


See what I mean about lickable.  Don't you just want to touch them?  I decided to make a pendant with a few and that was the heart palpitation moment....at least for me...my eye and what I like.



I mixed in a few of my little bronze pieces and some very old, wonderfully patinaed brass beads from Africa.  I'm loving these...obviously.

I used up all my earring pieces parts and now have a big pile of earrings to place on cards and price.  Back to work!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I have this wonderful image in my head of you licking these beads... now, THAT's a picture!!!

Like your combination too... and what a pile you have to card!!! Hope Cain Park is great!

csd said...

Yum! Love the combo!

Karen Elmquist said...

GORGEOUS! i really like what you did with the ancient beads.