Thursday, June 24, 2010

I haven't' blogged in 10 days...

What's up with that???  Where did the last 10 days go???  I have a show July 9-11 so I've been coming home and going straight up to the studio to work....and I totally blew through 10 days. 

Here are a few pics of things I've been working on...




The beads I picked up from Angi Graham are working out really well with the bronze.  The reds and oranges pop up against the bronze. I wish I had bought more...but I'm also getting ideas about enameling some metal pieces to go with the bronze discs.

Since I'll be in the studio non-stop for the next few weeks I bought a Bose docking station for the iPod.  That's probably one of the best things I've done for myself.  I have a TV in the studio but I get sucked into watching it and don't work.  Playing music seems to complement my creative efforts.  It provides mood and energy without distracting me from creating.

A great CD that I just downloaded is Talking Timbuktu.  Ali Farka Toure, an African blues singer/guitarist from Mali and Ry Cooder play together on this CD.  It is at the top of my favorite list right now.  This one really does set a mood to work in the studio. 

Well...that's all for now.  Stay Cool!!!

2 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Simply beautiful. You go girl! Congrats on the Bose! It'll change your life.

CathyD said...

Love your new pieces, especially with those beads, too! Hope you have something left from your show to put in your Etsy shop!