Friday, April 3, 2009

Nothing says lovin' like somethin' from the oven....

I worked in bronze this week and managed to get a load in the kiln before I went to bed last night.

These are from a mold of a fossilized ammonite. I'm always surprised by how much the bronze shrinks and the colors.


You can't see the detail on this one. I'll need to brush it up to bring out the highlights.


The next two are the new tear-aways that I made. They are tracings from ancient coins. Love the crack in the first one.



This is a mold from an African piece that I picked up at Bead Fest in Santa Fe. Scroll down to the March 20th entry to see the original.


Smaller pieces for earrings from the coin tear-aways.



Cain Park Arts Festival
I have been letting my mail pile up all week. Late...really late... last night I shifted through it and saw a response from one of the shows I had applied to. I was accepted into the Cain Park Arts Festival in July. WOO HOO. I told Lou this morning. His comment...."You've hit the big time". Now I have to get serious about production.

4 comments:

Maggie Bergman said...

Great colours Gail, I love the cracks too!

Kelly York said...

Oh wow what neat colors!! Are these actually darker in person? Or do they actually come out fairly pastel? Very cool pieces!

Katie said...

Congrats on Cain Park!!! Wow!! That's a great show! Lou is right - you HAVE hit the big time!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on Cain Park... and I'm with the others -- great colors!