Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Legacy: Jewelry Techniques of West Africa

I don't pre-order books...usually because I don't like waiting for them and I don't like giving my money to someone well in advance of getting my book.  I guess I'm an instant gratification kind of girl :)  And I specifically don't pre-order books or videos from artists directly. Sorry...I know this seems like a huge slap in the face to my own group of people.  I've seen a few go well beyond their estimated date of publication....and some never get published.  I've never quite figured out the ethics on that one.  If you take money from someone but don't deliver the product...does that count as theft or fraud...or both??

But I digress.....I heard about this book called Legacy: Jewelry Techniques of West Africa by Matthieu Cheminee



Well...this was a no brainer.  First this is something I can't wait to get my hands on...I mean seriously...I'm drooling. Second it is from Brynmorgan Press...Tim McCreight's publishing house...he always delivers a quality product.  I love Tim.  He is one of the nicest and most generous teachers I've ever had.

Watch the video about the book.  It's amazing.  How many of you file your metalwork on the side of your foot?  After watching this video....I'm ashamed at all the tools I have.  I would love to take a trip through Africa meeting up with the locals artists like this.


 

Can't wait for the book!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

You do know there will be a digital version (iPad) of this book, right? With imbedded videos? I think you need BOTH editions. ;-)

Gail said...

Yeah...I think I need that version too!!

Unknown said...

nice western jewelry