Saturday, November 19, 2011

Repousse Class

A few weekends back I took a repousse class with Hollly Gage.  Great class.  The technique is something that I've been wanting to try on the coin pendants that I have been creating.  Here is the result.

The first one came out OK.  It was the result of just learning the process and getting a feel for how much pressure is needed on the mold to get a good impression.



This second one is much better.  I had a better feel for how to do it to get a good impression and I put more work into the surface texture to give it a hand hammered look.


It was a fun class and Holly is a great teacher!!  I really want to see her come back to Cleveland to teach her pod class.  And bring Chris....his gourmet lunches were gooooood!!
.

3 comments:

Lela said...

Oh no! Something else I'll want to try. ;) These look so great! So what's the mold made of? Did you make the molds?

I think both of these look fantastic! Love all the textures.

Gail said...

Hi Lela...It's bend and bake clay and we did make the molds. It's a great class. Take it if you get the chance.

Katie Hanrahan said...

Wish you were coming tomorrow - I'd love to see these in person. Finished mine today and it turned out pretty nice!