Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Lickables....Beads That Is.....

I mentioned before that I'm throwing non-metal beads into the mix when I'm designing.  And with all the beads that I have in the house you would think that I could find some that would work.  But my beads are all sparkly and shiny and colorful.  My current work is matte and earthy. 

So I blew out of work and rushed to my FAVORITE bead store....Bead Paradise ... before they closed.  I picked up some new lickables.  Ruth showed me some fantastic strands of rare antique brass beads from the Ivory Coast. The were so amazing.  I would have licked them but she probably would have thrown me out of the store...LOL.  Unfortunately, I will have to love them from afar since they were way out of my price range...for now.  I borrowed a picture from her.  Here is one of the strands.  You can see more on her website under Baulle Metal Beads.


So I bought a stash of very earthy beads to design with.....




and a few metal beads as well....I have no self-control....it's just sad...


These babies are bronze and awesome!!!

I've been in the studio for about 2 weeks straight.  I took a break the last two nights.  With this new stash I will be back into the studio for another couple weeks and should be ready for my November show. 
.

2 comments:

Katie Hanrahan said...

Oooh, these are ALL lickable!!! Hey, next time you get the urge, let me know. I'll meet you there!

Judy Freyer Thompson said...

Don't know how I missed this blog post. These beads are right up my alley, looking forward to see the pieces you create with them!