Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekend in the Studio

Yesterday we go hit with lots of snow. 

This is the neighbors car.  Our bushes on the south side of the house were so heavy with snow they bent over and captured her car

A look out the front door

I decided on Thursday to take Friday off.  Not so much for the snow but to have a 3 day weekend in the studio.  My boss is a scientist and we were discussing how ideas come to you more easily is you have a concentrated block of time to work.  Starting and stopping...like I do during the week...is counter-productive to creativity.  It's a "now where was I" situation.  When I have 2-3 days to work non-stop...the work and new ideas flow. 

I've blown thru 600 grams of bronze over the past few days.  I fired a load last night and I have a full days work upstairs just finishing off pieces that I started yesterday.  The colors I'm getting are amazing.


BTW....here is the same shot out the front door today.  What a difference a day makes.


Back to the studio!!!!
.

No comments: