Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Review...Bronze Metal Clay

I have an advanced copy of Bronze Metal Clay by Yvonne M. Padilla. This is another great book from Lark Books. The front section covers everything you want to know about bronze clay...how it's different from silver, tools to use, how to store the clay, how to load the container, firing schedules and more. There is also a nice troubleshooting section.

There are 35 diverse projects. I'm so into doing ancient tribal work that this opened y eyes to the variety of things you can do with bronze metal clay. Besides necklaces, earrings and bracelets, Yvonne has included projects for house numbers, coasters, belt buckles, vessels, broaches, knobs, buttons, wind chimes, rings and beads.

The house numbers have me thinking that you could also do favorite words and names to decorate the walls of your studio or your kids rooms. It's a great book with lots of projects to make and to inspire you.

And now the shameless self promotion....I have two pictures in the book....




Like I said...I'm into making ancient tribal shields...or at least my interpretation of them.

3 comments:

Mary Newton Designs said...

Congratulations! I love your tribal
series!

Gail said...

Thanks Mary!!

Karen Elmquist said...

Congratulations Gail!!