Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Day.....Studio Day

It was a good day to work in the studio. Today I made molds. I had some African artifacts that I molded as well as some old medallions and coins. Two years ago I discovered a few ancient Parisii coins in a Paris art book. Last year I made tearaways of the images. Two of them were horses. Below are pieces that I made last April. Coin jewelry has always been popular. One of my favorite necklaces was one with coins. I no longer have the necklace but remember how much I loved wearing it. It seems coin jewelry is popular with other artists as well.



I am paritial to the pieces with horses because they played an important part in my life. I grew up with horses and even had a pony, named Katie, when I was little. She was a black Welsh pony. I should try to find a picture of her. I know I have one somewhere.

No comments: