Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh What a Night!!

The new kitties couldn't figure out their sleeping arrangements. Sprite came up on the bed and Ben sacked out up in my workroom.....only to wake up about 2AM and not know where he was. He started crying so I had to get up and bring him into the bedroom. Then Sprite got all pissy because he was there.

Then they both left. About 30 minutes later there was a crash in the kitchen. I came downstairs and they both ran out of the kitchen and turned around to look at me like...."What?". Then they bumped noses...like a fist bump!!! and walked away.

Back to bed...at least I thought. I think Ben likes the night...he decided he was no longer shy and was up on everything. He ransacked Amsterdam!!!! I have a collection of 5 delftware houses that Lou brought back for me on his trips to Europe. One ended up on the floor, one was knocked over and another is leaning precariously to the side.

But it's amazing how fast they have settled down. Lou got up and worked in his office this morning. Spirte jumped up on his lap, crawled up his chest and laid her head on his shoulder this morning. I think Lou is smitten with her. He never had a pet growing up and my cat never paid him much attention. Sprite is all over him.

The adventure begins :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite the trouble they can cause, they are so much fun, aren't they? I expect to see them on LOLcats soon!! ;-)

Cathy said...

Ooooh Gail, I'm so happy for you. They sound like great fun... I remember the first night with our adopted kitty. It was a wild one!