Sunday, November 23, 2008

All Done...

I'm done with shows for the year and it feels great. I have the next 6 months to play...create new texture sheets, design new pieces, remodel the house...hell...clean the house...that would be a novelty. I also need to start applying for next year's shows. The brochures are already coming in.

The show was OK. I did better than last year which is good, but not as good as the ladies selling booze labelled sweatshirts across the aisle. And I think the ladies selling decoupage planters next to me did quite well too. I might need to rethink this show :)) But I made more doing this in 8 hours than I do at the hospital. They had a high school jazz combo playing 2 booths away from me. At one point I started laughing because of all the bad notes they were hitting. For the two hours they played I couldn't talk to any of the customers without yelling. I had one man look at my bronze pieces....then he asked me about my suppliers...wanted to know if I bought my stuff off the internet. Hello....I make all my pieces. I had a lady ask if I had any bronze in purple cause she had a purple shirt she wanted to match up. Go figure.

I was ripped off yet again.....$125 bracelet. What is wrong with people??Why can't they understand that artists work hard to make their money and the pieces are not mass produced by some machine but made with our heart, our spirit and our imagination. Go rip off Walmart and leave artists alone. I have one wish for the thief..... I wish that I see you some day with it on.....there's gonna be a smack down.

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

3 comments:

deletedblog said...

So sorry to hear of your rip off! That really sucks ... but I'm sure that he or she will get theirs one day ... hopefully you'll be there to see it happen! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get cleaning that house woman!! LOL!

Marissa said...

Hi Gail,

I love your blog. I look forward to reading it everyday. It's been fin following someone else's adventures with Bronzclay. I've been teaching PMC classes for almost 3 years now, and I'll be teaching my first Bronzclay class in December, I cannot wait. I fired my first batch with the coconut last night and I loved the results. I've never been ripped off at a show before, but I have had students take supplies from me before....I am always losing burnishers :(

Keep up the great work. I'd love to meet you someday at a conference or class.

Marissa
www.brokenbranches.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Serious bummer about the rip-off. That person has now brought upon themselves a whole host of troubles in the form of bad karma! Phooey on them! And at a CHARITY function no less! geez.... Well, have a good rest and a great Turkey day and have fun cleaning. ;-)