Friday, October 31, 2008

Some Bronze

I'm loving this piece. I had spare parts and started to throw some things together and viola!! I am working on a couple of bracelets.


I made some small bronze balls (hee hee...balls) and threw them on the pendants as accents. When I was wire wrapping them I decide to leave the coiled up wire on the ball instead of cutting it off.


Sue had asked where I got the chain. It is brass chain from Vintaj. It will lighten up as you wear it...which is fine because the color still goes with the bronze. I do wish it would maintain the dark color though.

That's all for tonight. For once this week I have to try to get to bed before 2AM.

Au Revoir, Bye-Bye

4 comments:

deletedblog said...

Thanks for the info on the chain Gail! I'm sure that as BronzClay gets more and more attention, there will also be more and more people offering Bronze-related findings (i hope, i hope)!!

Beautiful pieces you've got there! I love your balls ... hahaha ... my sense of humor is at about the same age level as you described yours and your husband's ... about 12 years old :) Makes like fun though when we don't take ourselves too seriously!

Keep posting those pics! I've gotta start putting a few of my pieces up too when I get a chance. Take care!! :)

Cristina Leonard said...

Hi Sweetie!
You can darken brass with the torch. Just lay the chain on your kiln brick and swipe a neutral flame over it until it burns of the Vintaj patina and begins to oxidize on it's own. Practice with a small bit and see what you think!
Love ya!

Cristina Leonard said...

That is, until it burns 'off' the patina. Sorry, can't spell!

Karen Elmquist said...

U said balls!