Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I have been violated......

I got home today and found 3 messages on my voice mail.....fraud alerts for 2 different credit cards. One is my jewelry business card and the other is a personal card. They are from different companies but both are VISA cards. I haven't used either in quite a while. They have been sitting in my drawer upstairs. This makes me think that either VISA got breached or one of the companies I buy jewlery supplies did. I only use the business card for in-person purchases when I go to bead shows....last one was the PMC conference. The rest of the time I use it for on-line purchases. But I don't always use it to make supply purchases .... sometimes ... OK a lot of times I am too lazy to walk upstairs to get the business card so I pull my personal card out of my purse. Interesting....

So I called both cards.....I never call the number they give me on the phone because I always think it's a scam....so I called the number on the back of the cards. Both cards have been cancelled and they are sending me new ones. Damn...right before going to Paris. I asked the one company to rush the new card to me because I planned to take it with me. They aren't sure it will get here in time. Lucky I have a back up....it's called LOU :)))))

I'm trying to use the remaining opened bronze that I have. I don't want it sitting around for 2 weeks. That shouldn't be too hard since I have been making bigger and bigger pieces. That's another thing that I like about this clay.....the price allows you to go bigger and chunkier.

Later........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That happened to me, on my personal card (not business card) from an online purchase. When I called my cc company, they asked about specific purchases. The software purchase was legit - from Best Buy (online)- but the $1000+ purchase from the Apple Store 20 minutes later was not! Best Buy swore up & down their site was secure. So I'm thinking the person they hired to take the cc info off their site was the culprit. It's a pisser, that's for sure. Hope you get your new cards before Paris!