Monday, May 21, 2007

The Colors of My World

I love springtime and all the flowers. These are some pics of my flowers. We have 2 hot pink azalea bushes in the front of the house. On the side of the driveway we have a rock retaining wall with this great purple creeper. It's not creeping phlox, but very similar. And in the back...sweet woodruff. This stuff is sooo invasive. I rip it out by the handfuls in the spring. We almost have the springtime clean-up done in the front of the house. The lawn and one of my flower beds had been ripped up last fall to replace a sewer tile so we had to restore all of that and then just the normal sprucing up and mulching of the beds. Then we move to the back of the house. It's mostly shade. I have tried to grow flowers back there, but they don't do very well. I am just going to give in to mother nature and plant hostas. They love it in my backyard.

No comments: