Monday, August 31, 2009

Whimsy...Hmmmm

Most of the people who know me wouldn't describe anything about me or the way I act as whimsical. So when I was given a project with the goal of finding a children's book to use as inspiration and make something whimsical....I was at a loss. But I went with mice....as in Three Blind Mice. But why is this a children's nursery rhyme...it's grusome.

Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?

But mine are a bit "one off" in that they have eyes but no ears so they are more like Three Deaf Mice.

2 comments:

Katie said...

awww, they're cute!

Susan DIlger said...

They're great! I like the wrappy tails!!!