Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Inspiration, Part Deux

Man, was I rambling last night. It was late and I was tired. It reminded me of The Birdcage when Gene Hackman is describing the drive down to Palm Beach and he just goes on and on. If you've never watched that movie...go rent it. It's hysterical...especially Hank Azaria as Agador. Plus there's a really nice shot of him in a thong :))

Anyway. I hopped over to Richard Salley's blog last night to see that my love of ancient languanges and scripts has inspired him to do a new series of pieces that include etched metal and faux bone. They are wonderful, of course. He does such great work. Hop over and take a look at them. I love the addition of the Faux Bone and I just took a class with Robert Danick in June with Faux Bone....so it's time I broke it out and started working with it. Richard has inspired my right back.

HMMM....I think this requires a trip to Harbor Freight for that belt sander I've been lusting over. I'm afraid to go there.....I might never come out.....sooo many tools....so little time.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

oooh Gail... go for it! I got one of those sanders after a class with Robert too... you'll find it has many uses beyond the Faux Bone... all of a sudden you think, oh, I'll just grind that bit off, or I can round those corners easily...

I'm thinking about marketing some blinders for people who want to go into tool shops or bead shops or garden shops (name your weakness) when they might be tempted to buy out the place ;-)