Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A classic "Gail"

For those of you that don't personally know me...I'm a very quiet, refined person (for those of you who do know me....stop laughing).

So I was at work late and had to run to the grocery store to pick up dinner and a cake mix for a bake sale tomorrow (our research institute helps support an elementary school 2 blocks away). I'm dragging my butt through the store minding my own business doing my shopping and all I can hear is these 2 little girls (about 4 yrs old) talking and yelling as loud as can be. Obviously Mommy is one of those that doesn't believe in teaching her children how to behave in public. And she also must believe that we all think her little darlings are as precious as she does.

So the one girl is pulling all kinds of items off the shelves and the other one is yelling for her to "put it back". I turned around to see that Mommy is all they way down in the next aisle...typical. I'm desperately trying to block them out but one just went into a tirade and really did scream at the top of her lungs "PUT IT BACK". On the 4th "PUT IT BACK" something in me snapped and it just happened. I turned around and yelled "SHUT UP".

Mommy came and got her children really fast. And then I was able to shop in peace.

Like I said....I am quiet and refined. Now I have to go bake a cake.

Later.

5 comments:

Katie said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! There are so many times I am tempted to either tell the kids to shut up or tell the mother to either control her children or take them out of the store - but I chicken out. I've had too many experiences in my job with trying to keep kids from pulling books, cd's, dvd's, etc. off shelves and running amok, only to have the parents give ME grief for yelling at their precious darlings. So thanks for doing what I'm always wanting but never able to do!!

Susan Dilger said...

You're right - classic Gail. And Susan. I have NO PATIENCE for this! I still (now) laugh about my friend's kid who at about 3 y/o was putting her foot (!) in my DVD player while visiting! A counselor later told the mother the child needed a few more boundaries......... ya think???

Just don't yell at the cake..... it'll fall.........

Lora Hart said...

LOLOLOLOL!

Cathy said...

Oh Gail... this is why I love to read your blog. Another choice moment. Quiet and refined. Yep. That's SO you.

ArtisticSilverJewelry said...

Really liked your creative bronze jewelry pieces and your blog. By the way, feel free to post a comment to my bronze-silver-jewelry blog on Blogspot.
I am kinda new to blogging and trying to look around for other blogs related to the bronze and southwestern jewelry topics.

Thankyou
RS Wilson
Artistic Silver Jewelry