Friday, August 21, 2009

Glad it's Friday...

What a week. You all heard about my fall on Wednesday. Well that was mid-week. The beginning of the week started with my being called back to the Breast Center for some additional images and an ultrasound because the radiologist had seen something on my mammogram. At this point the diagnosis is "probably benign"....hmmmm. I have a follow up in 6 months. Then on Tuesday my brother was in the hospital for a knee replacement...good news is that he went home today. Wednesday was the fall. Yesterday and today were rather calm and the weather has finally become bearable.

The weekend will come and go quickly. I have a project due that I haven't even started on. I will work on that tomorrow. We have dinner with friends Saturday night. Sunday I've got nothing planned but housework usually sucks up a good portion of the day. I thought once my shows were over I would get tons of work done. Not the case. I don't know where my time goes. I had planned to have all my things up on Etsy by now...I haven't even taken pictures yet and it doesn't look good that it will happen anytime soon.

I bought a lottery ticket tonight. What would you do with $207 million?? I was day dreaming about this on the way home. First it is way too much money to even know how to spend it.....so charity would definetely come in to play. But first a few things for me :) My current house would be history. I would build a new one...not much bigger but with a custom designed studio. But the question would be where would I choose to live. I know you're all thinking Paris....but probably not permanently. I'd get a little pied-de-terre in Paris (and you could all stay there for free). I'd hire a housekeeper, cook, and gardener (stimulate the economy) so I could have free time. There's not much that I want.....no expensive car, no boat, no mansion. What I really want is time. I would be happy to have my days free so I could work in the studio. It was Marcus Aurelius who said.."very little is needed to make a happy life, it is all within yourself, all in your way of thinking".

I think I would buy a new car...a mini....I love those things.


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

2 comments:

Susan Dilger said...

Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes...... and a dose of luck on that $207 million. Don't forget who loves you baby!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Like the quote... how true! Sending positive vibes your way... know how stressful waiting can be...

And where do we sign up for the week in Paris? (cuz you're gonna win - unless we do, then you're welcome at our place) :-)