Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Mood Today

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This was on Anne's blog and it says it all for me today. I'm in a sour mood but I'm trying not to show it.

We are have a massive tree taken down. It is in the back yard right next to the house and power lines. Our back yard is landlocked so they have to put the crane in the neighbors front yard and reach between the houses (which are very close) to get to the tree. They were suppose to give us a few days notice so we could warn the neighbors. But they didn't and showed up this morning before I had even gotten into the shower. Luckily the neighbor was out in his front yard this morning because he locked himself out of the house.

Anyway...I moved my car out to the street and went back in to get ready for work....fast...very fast. I didn't want to be around when they took this thing down. I got ready in about 15 minutes, threw some cat food in the dishes and headed out the door. I was walking in the street to my car and fell. Let's just say the tree wasnt' the only thing falling down today...."Big Girl falling down!!!!". There was a guy in his car on the wrong side of the street. I don't know what he was doing there...may have been with the tree company. As I lay in the middle of the street I looked up and him and he waved to me. WTF??? Didn't get out of the car, didn't even yell to me to see if I was OK....just waved. Now my leg hurts and my knee is all scuffed up and I'm in a pissy mood.

5 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Hmm.. Must be something in the air. I'm pissy too. I hope your knee is ok, but more importantly, how are your pants? Last winter I fell hard at the place where we get our snowblower serviced. The guys working there didn't even ask me if I was ok. They just looked at me and kept talking. What's wrong with people?

Lora Hart said...

Hope you're feeling better. I was in a pissy mood yesterday too. But Sammy Davis Jr picked me up a bit.

Hey, what ever happened to re submitting to the Etsy team? Not interested anymore? I, for one, would love to have you join us.

Katie said...

Seriously must be something in the air! I fell yesterday, in the parking lot of my studio. Some guy was walking past and looked at me and said "need any help?" but just kept walking! Sheesh!! WTF is right!! Are you okay? I fell on my butt (which is well-padded) so I'm okay tho sore today. Ibruprofen is my friend!! ;-) How is your knee today? Hope you're not too sore.

I'll bet the yard looks funny without the big tree. Sorry you lost it. :(

Cathy said...

owww. :-( sorry to hear that (Katie too!)

Isn't it amazing that people can just leave you there? What is up with the world?

BTW, I was a bit of a grump on Tuesday... the mood probably blew from east to west... you're all to the west of me - wonder if our east coast buddies were pissy on Monday?).

Feel better friend!

DebAnnN said...

Hi Gail-Just saw about your fall. Also hoping there are no lingering pains-or torn garments. Sad, but guess it's true, there are very few gentlemen left in world to come to the rescue. Won't say none, as I fell in the movie theater a few weeks ago and two men did rush to see if I needed help. In fact one was almost out of the show and came back and the other was quite young. There is hope!

Shame about the tree. Hate to hear of any trees being lost in the neighborhoods.

Are the grumpy moods from the weather? This heat we've been having does nothing good for my attitude.

Take Care. Debbie N.