Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Still recovering....

from the last show. The house is scattered with all my stuff. The dining room table is covered with all my tools. What a mess. It's not going to get any better until after the show in July.

I have been trying to find a new frame for my EZup tent. The company doesn't have a replacement frame in stock and doesn't know when they will have it. This may have been a good thing. I've read on some forums and websites about this model and it seems a number of people have had problems with the trusses breaking and bending after a few uses....just like mine did. Comments about the companies other tents make it sound like the quality of their frames are not what they used to be.

So I bit the bullet and bought a serious tent today....a Trimline. To start with I got a real person on the phone....that was a novelty after calling around for a couple days. I talked to Tom about what I needed and he assured me that my tent will be here on Tuesday. Plenty of time for Lou and I to put it together at least once before we have to set up at the next show. The other thing I liked is that the company was started by a group of exhibitors in the 80s to provide artists with an easy to assemble tent that would also protect the artist and their art from mother nature. It took a bite out of the bank account but in the long run I think it will be worth it. It has a steel frame and I got the stabilizing bar option for the bottom of the tent. I should have done this first time and learn.

I also place an order with Rio for clay. I mistakenly order 2 kilos of copper and didn't catch it in time to stop the shipment. So now I have to decide if I want to keep it or send it back. I'm not working in Copper right now. Anybody want to buy a package...or two??? The bronze arrives tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend.

I'm off....a little house cleaning to do and some chains to make.

1 comment:

evelyn said...

i might be interested in some of the copper... email me with details pls.