Thursday, October 30, 2008

A few more Paris pics

Busy at work and busy with jewelry in the evening. I don't know why but I have been dragging my feet getting things ready for the show.....and I know I'm going to freak out as I get closer to the show date. Tonight I did pricing on the bronze pieces. My table this year is going to be a mix of silver, bronze, and lampwork pieces. I love making pieces with lampwork beads, but I have always felt odd about the fact that I don't make the beads. And it drives me nuts everytime someone asks me that. With the bronze....I made it and that is more satisfying. Of course I showed a piece to one of my customers at work yesterday and what does she say.....did you make the chain......GEEZ. I can't win.

I don't have any pics of the bronze so here are a few more Paris pics. I have been very slowing going through them and editing when necessary.





Lou and I love museums and we can stand and stare in amazement looking at particular pieces. Botticelli's frescos make me stop in my tracks. They have 2 in the Louvre and they are on the way to the Mona Lisa.....so many people just walk on by and don't stop to really look at them. I want to shake people and say....."look at these... they are amazing"..... Of course my pictures don't do them justice. Up close the colors are wonderful and the faces of the women are soft and beautiful. I brought home a plaque with a replica of part of the bottom fresco with the 2 graces on the far left.

But.....we both have the sense of humor of a 12 year old and we have a tendency to look at pieces and give them our own names. The minute we saw this piece we started laughing. This one became..."Simon Says...Look at your Pee Pee's". It can be a experience to go through a museum with us. I think we should offer tours :)) What d'ya think...want to go on a museum tour with us?

And I am always trying to make Lou do stupid things next to statues. It usually works.....Honey...stick you head in the mouth of the lion.....

I was really excited to see the Winged Assyrian Bulls. The display wasn't open last year. These are huge and so magnificent. They date back to 700 BC. They were considered benevolent spirits and the guardians of the foundation of the world. I think we could use their help today. Check out the legs.....5. This is to show them walking when viewed from the side.

Guess Who...standing on a bridge over the Seine. That's the Eiffel tower in the background

Au Revoir, Bye-Bye.

1 comment:

Donna Picione said...

are you kidding ...... who wouldn't want to tour a museum with you and Lou! count me in!
See you Tuesday ..... after voting