Monday, December 22, 2008

Nothing makes you clean like guests

Rachael and Matty are coming over on Tuesday night and I spent the evening cleaning up the living room and kitchen. Lou and I are pack rats...I didn't use to be and I go through spurts of throwing things out. So tonight I started in one corner of the living room/dining room and started to empty the rooms of things that shouldn't be there. We have a small house so we tend to really occupy the rooms that we have. The downstairs was full of my jewelery / photography stuff and Lou's computer / martials arts books and I hauled them all upstairs to our respective workrooms. It's amazing how big our little space can feel with all the junk out of it. Now if only I can keep it this way. But OMG...you should see my workroom. There is stuff everywhere. There is only a small path through it into Lou's room. It's such a mess. We are both taking Friday off and I plan to spend the entire 3 days up in my workroom cleaning and organizing. I have shelves that need to go up...I've only had them for about 2 years. They have been sitting in a corner. They go up this weekend.

If I don't get around to blogging tomorrow night.... Happy Holidays to all my friends, family, and readers. Have a merry, caring, sharing, loving few days. I will be back on Friday.


3 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Sweetie, I have a large workspace and after my holiday shows it still looks like a hurricane went though there. Cleanings on my holiday agenda too!

Anonymous said...

Have a merry jolly jingle and a fun 3-day organizing marathon! I'll be doing the same thing in my studio...

meesh said...

happiest wishes to you sweet friend!

love you!

meesh