Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Milk House Door

The farm where I grew up had a number of barns. There was one that seemed absolutely huge to me. It had a tin roof and I loved being out there in the rain. The noise of the raindrops on the roof was thunderous. There was a small building attached to the front of the barn on the left hand side that we referred to as the milk house. As far back as I can remember we didn't have dairy cows, but I have to think there had been dairy cows there at one point. The barn and milk house are long gone except for this...



...the door knob and lock from the milk house door. Somehow when it was getting torn down the hardware was cut away from the door. It was bound for the pile of wood and other things that were being taken away but I rescued it. It has been sitting in my garage until today when I went in search of it. I have no clue what I will ever do with it, except for now it makes a great background for jewelry photos, like these.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That door knob is awesome!! Is it marble? It looks like marble or petrified wood. So cool! And so are your pictures AND your bronze pieces!

Thanks for the Christmas card ... LOVED IT!!!!