Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kofi Annan just offered me $3.7 million

I just got 6 separate e-mails from Kofi (former secretary of the UN)....my close friend offering me the money..... What d'ya think....should I contact him????

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA COMPENSATION UNIT, IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNITED NATIONATTN:

Sir/Madam,

How are you today?Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not understand why this mail came to you.We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the secretary to the UNITED NATIONS. This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world.The UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$3.700,000.00.This includes every foriegn contractors that may have not received their contract sum,and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc. We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you,This have been agreed upon and have been signed Therefore,we are happy to inform you that an arrangement has perfectly been concluded to effect your payment as soon as possible in our bid to be transparent. However,it is our pleasure to inform you that your ATM Card Number; 5490 9957 6302 4525 has been approved and upgraded in your favor. Meanwhile,your Secret Pin Number will be available as soon as youconfirm to us the receipt of your ATM CARD. The ATM Card Value is $3.700,000.00 USD Only. You are advised that a maximum withdrawal value of US$10,000.00 is permitted daily. And we are duly inter-switched and you can make withdrawal in any location of the ATM Center of your choice/nearest to you any where in the world. We have also concluded delivery arrangement with our accredited courier service Company to oversee the delivery of the ATM Card to you without any further delay. So you are hereby advice to forward to this office Director ATM SWIFT CARD Department Therefore.You should send him your full Name and Telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the ATM to you. Contact Mr.John Ibru immediately for your ATM SWIFT CARD:Person to Contact Mr.John IbruEmail:telexdept.cbn.cardoffice@googlemail.comThanks and God bless you and your family.Hoping to hear from you as soon as you receive your ATM.Making the world a better place

Regards,
Mr. Kofi AnnanFormer Secretary (UNITED NATIONS)

It wasn't good enough to send me one e-mail....he sent me six. I get at least one of these types of e-mails a week. It's kinda like drugs.... it's a know fact when heroin gets scarce, crime on the streets increases. When the economy tanks....everyone is trying to scam you.

Me....I've been selling books. I blogged earlier about how I cleaned out my stash of books. Most of the travel books, novels, non-fiction books I donated to the local library. They have quarterly sales and sell the books to benefit the library. But the art/craft books I decided to put up for sale on Amazon. Most don't go for a whole lot...but it's a small way to make some money....of course to buy more books. I've sold 12 books and made $120. Who knew they would sell that well. It has been a pain always running to the post office to send the books out. But I'm glad other people are getting use of the books.

3 comments:

Dr. Karen said...

I've also received many of those kinds of emails. I think I also received one from Kofi Anan. But I have learned how to avoid being a scam victim. You may want to check tips at www.boomeryearbook.com or www.boomeryearbook09.blogspot.com.

Susan Dilger said...

What I want to know is how you can possibly get by on only $10,000 / day? You ARE taking the money, right? ;-)
Susan D.
Taos

Anonymous said...

The other day I got an email saying that the guy was a hitman... It said I needed to contact him immediately etc, etc. and pay him $50,000. I checked out snopes.com Yep it was a scam...