Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am truely a geek

So today B&B opened up registration for classes. I blocked off my calendar at work so I could be at my desk at 1pm. At about 11AM I started watching the clock. My computer is suppose to notify me of appointments but sometimes it gets all weird and doesn't. So I also programmed by Blackberry to alarm at 12:55pm. As it got closer to 1pm, I got increasingly antsy. I think I logged on about 10 minutes early and would refresh my screen about 3 times a minute to make sure that I didn't miss the moment registration opened. I was all nervous and shaky....so worried that I wouldn't get the classes that I wanted. I actually looked at the system last night to make sure I knew how to navigate it. Geek...huh?! I do this every year. I don't know why. I was in and out of the system in about 2 minutes and got everything I wanted. So I'll be PMCing, soldering, weaving and bronzclaying my way through the B&B conference come June. My BFF Cris is taking all the same classes. I can't wait. It is going to be a great week!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I was running errands downtown and had to rush home at noon so I could sign up. My hands always shake when I'm signing up too, it's just soooo exciting. Why are you taking pmc and bronze classes when you're already doing some wonderful work?

Gail said...

Taking those classes for the fun of it. Plus you never know when you are going to learn a little trick here or there. I keep talking classes to constantly improve.

Cristina Leonard said...

Good to know I'm not alone in my geekdom! I did all those same things and then had calm myself down after I signed up. Were we separated at birth or what!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm just as geeky! I logged on to the sight the night before AND the morning of to make sure I could navigate it quickly. And then I logged on at 12:50 and kept refreshing the screen. I even watched the clock on my computer count down to 1:00! It wasn't until after I finished registering, that I started breathing again. ;-)

Anne E. Mitchell said...

I love that we can all embrace our GEEK and accept that it really is an excellent thing.

Karen Elmquist said...

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one!! I got all the classes I wanted too!! YAY!

meesh said...

be one with your inner geek. it's why i love you!

is it too early to pee my pants because i'm excited for bead and button and it's only JANUARY?

Donna Picione said...

You and your friends make me laugh! I love the excitement! Hey why cant I find sewing/designing classes like that!

Chelle is getting married May 2010 and she thinks she wants you to design the jewrey ...... what do you think about that ???

d-

Anonymous said...

It's because the whole bead and button week is so excting. I have to remember to breathe the first time I walk into the building and ride those long escalators up to heaven. Woohoo! At the very least it helps me get through the winter doldrums, dog, 18 below zero this morning was very nasty.

Kelly York said...

I'm jealous! I hope you have a fabulously fun time!! :)

Elaine said...

Wow! It's the modern equiv. of standing in line all night to buy concert tickets!

Congrats on getting your classes. I'm not taking any classes, but I should drive up just to shop and say hi!