Sunday, January 4, 2009

Diamonds and Pearls

Today I dragged Lou down the to Cleveland Art Museum to see the Artistic Luxury exhibit. This show combines the jewelry, glass and other works of art from Tiffany, Faberge, and Lalique. Absolutely stunning. I think even Lou liked it. It featured their works that were brought together for the 1900 World's Exhibition in Paris. The exhibit is on until January 18th so if you have a chance I would highly recommend this. This isn't just a jewelry show...these are truely works of art. I can't begin to tell you how intricate and delicate some of the pieces were. There was a tiara of platinum and diamonds from Faberge....it was so delicate and beautiful...and I can't even fathom how much it is worth. Of course there were a number of Faberge eggs on exhibit as well. The show goes to San Francisco next.














No comments: