Saturday, October 3, 2009

Melancholy Baby

Boy...that's what I have been recently. Lovely word melancholy...and wistful. Polite names for sadness or depression. I'm not depressed. Just overworked and tired. Susan said it when she wrote " Having come from the corporate world, I found we were acting and deciding at 100 mph." Sometimes I find Mach 1 is a more apt description. I'm going through a phase at work right now that as I clear one item off my desk, 3-4 have come through the door to replace it. And though I am good at not bringing work home either physically or mentally....these times at work are draining. Once at home I have no energy to do anything except stare vacantly at the TV with a little bit of drool coming out of the corner of my mouth....I'm serious :)

So I've decided to fine-tune. My own personal 12 step program to focusing my life.

Step 1: Stay off the internet ....and here I sit blogging. But blogging isn't what I'm referring to. I have a bad habit of non-stop surfing...reading other blogs, searching for the next thing that will spike my interest, taking stupid quizes on FaceBook. It's like being a junky. I'm looking for that next fix.

Step 2: Get more sleep. I'm not doing myself any favor by only getting 6 hours of sleep a night. Especially since I'm staying up late surfing the internet or watching a movie that I've probably seen before. I'm better off getting a extra couple hours of sleep

That's all I got for now...If I can do those two things, it'll be an acheivment.

2 comments:

Susan Dilger said...

Wise woman you are....... I have tried to kick the Internet Junkie habit a few times. Still trying. But boy, is it a time suck!!! And SLEEP! Yes, you must have it not only to feel good, but for your health, missy!!!! Glad to see you're taking steps to balance your life.

Elaine said...

Good luck, I hope it's going well for you. I like the book Extreme Self Care.

But go to Facebook, I have a medical related post up, the difference between doctors and nurses!