Monday, June 28, 2010

I love Bronze, Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate.....


In Forest Gump speak.....you never know what you're going to get with bronze!!!!!  And each batch out of the kiln is better than the next.  Here's a few pieces parts for earrings.

Another great CD I've been listening to in the studio..... In Heart of the Moon by Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate.  Toure plays guitar and Diabate plays the kora which is a 21 string gourd harp. What is even more amazing is that they had never played together and the songs were recorded during two unrehearsed jam sessions.  It's beautiful, hypnotic music from Mali. I'm addicted to it.

3 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Gail, I have another recording by Diabate called 'New Ancient Strings'. It's wonderful. Check it out.

Cristina Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

I was listening to pieces of that last night on Amazon. I that is another must have!!