Thursday, May 21, 2009

A quick pic...

I'm so behind on just about everything.

Work is killing me. We are putting together $20 million in grants that are due at the NIH on Tuesday. I have pushed and prodded the scientists as much as I can to finish their grants so we can send them out. My piece is done...250 pages of administrative information. By the time I get the science that will be another 200 pages. So now I'm just waiting. I would like to leave early tomorrow...but that is not likely to happen since most of these guys work right up to the very last minute writing and revising.

I have a bunch of pieces parts to put together into jewelry for my up-coming shows but I always seem to get distracted doing something else. I did get a few pairs of earrings put together.

I'll end up spending almost the entire 3-day weekend working on the jewelry. Plus I need to pack up my tools and get things ready for Bead and Button. I drive out a week from Saturday. It will be here and gone in a flash.

Does anyone have a way to slow time down??? I'm stressing a little...OK alot. It just seems like there is so much on my plate right now that I am not staying in the moment but thinking forward to mid-July when I will have finished my last summer show and can relax a little. I think I need to identify things to cut out so I'm not so stressed. I don't really need to sleep...that might help. I have already cut out doing most housework....heaven forbid somebody just drops by. There is clean laundry on the living room floor waiting to be folded and dirty laundry on the bedroom floor waiting to be put in the washing machine. Actually what I really should cut out is blogging....but I hate to do that.

Oh well...gotta fold the towels laying on the floor. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

Blogging somehow moves the work along, I find. So don't cut that out, please!

Are you selling at B&B? I'll hope to see you there!

Cathy said...

Oh Gail, I SOOO hear you. Hang in there... this is why I haven't STARTED blogging... Good luck! And can't you train those kitties to fold laundry? ;-)