Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm in love all over again.....

I decided to make some silver earring pieces for the show coming up this weekend and I have fallen in love with silver all over again. Although I went through 2 packs of silver PMC when I would half only used have a pack of bronze....when I pulled it out of the tumbler I got all excited about silver. Working through 10 packs of bronze also helped me refine my techniques.

When I aged the PMC pieces I also aged a bunch of silver chain. It was much, much too bright and pretty. I needed to blacken it up a bit. So I'll be putting together earrings and making some necklaces for pendants over the next few days. If you are in Cleveland this coming weekend stop by the IX center for the By Hand show. It is combined with the Fabulous Food Show and the expected attendance is ~ 30,000. If only we can get half those people to wander through the art show and half of those to buy things it might be a good weekend for the artists.

No comments: