Monday, May 5, 2008

Pendants....and my second stupid moment of the month

The medallions came out beautiful. I could bend them around a mandrel if I wanted to....nice. So I have rebuilt the pendants, except for the ones with copper. And here is where the second stupid moment occured. I put the copper medallions in the kiln at 1650 for 2 hours. Not a good idea. The silver still had some shrinking to do and it tore itself in spots. The copper came out black and the fire scale is so thick I don't know if I can get rid of it. So I hopped over to the Metal Clay group on Yahoo only to be reminded that I should have fired the medallions with copper at 1470. I'll never make that mistake again. I need to find some copper polish to see if I can get rid of the fire scale. If not....who knows what I will do with them.

Besides firing and remaking the pendants...I managed to put together three bracelets and a necklace. Of course I didn't do much of anyting else. Once the June show is over I don't have another one until October. I can't wait for that gap so I can design rather than do production work.

I have been looking for an apartment in Paris. There are so many. The trick is finding one that I like...I am fussy...in a good location at an a price we can afford. There are some inexpensive ones, but they are so small. I looked at one today that was a literally a box for a living room with a ladder you climbed up to crawl into a bed. I don't think that I need to be that frugal. The trip will only be for 2 weeks rather than the month I would have liked. Two weeks is plenty of time to explore Paris...I just had this dream of losing myself in Paris for a month.

No comments: