Thursday, February 28, 2008

I wasn't going to blog today but.....

When I got home I had two presents!! The first...hubby waiting for me on the couch and Susan Lenart Kazmer's new book, Making Connections . OHHHH ... what to do .... what to do. Hubby ... book ....hubby....book???? Hubby won. We went out to dinner and finally had a chance to talk, catch up, make fun of each other. We went to the bookstore then came home and curled up in front of the TV for a while. He was exhausted from traveling for the past 2 weeks. And I was the supportive wife..... "Honey, you are so tired...you should go to bed early (the book...the book)....no really... take a hot bath and go to bed (the book...the book). He conked out at 9PM and I dove into THE BOOK.

I haven't read any of it but I whipped through it from front to back. OMG... such eye candy. I can't wait until I get the chance to go back and soak up every page. I have a class with her this summer at B&B...a ring class. She is the type of teacher whose art gives you a whack upside the head and makes you think outside the box, outside the lines, outside your own reality. Her work makes you look at what most people would clean out of their junk drawer and see these pieces parts as beads, findings, and centerpieces for jewelry .... and it works ..... these pieces parts work as funky edgy jewelry. I have a hinged frame bracelet that I made in one of her classes....everytime I wear it people love it. Alright .... enough gushing. I have to get back to THE BOOK.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. GAIL YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!
I LOVE HER STUFF. I THINK I NEED THAT BOOK TOO!
I DON'T MAKE THAT KIND OF JEWELRY BUT I LOVE HOW SHE MAKE BEAUTIFUL, FUN THINGS OUT OF THINGS PEOPLE THROW AWAY AND OBJECTS FOUND.
OH YEAH AND THANKS FOR GIVING ME SOME NEW
BLOGS TO READ!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!