Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Did you vote??

Today is the Democratic primary in Ohio. I voted. As I was going into the polling place there was an older lady...~75-80 ... thanking people for voting. I think it's great she is still politically active. My mom is...she's 84. She's republican so we don't agree on who to vote for. I always tell her that my vote is going to cancel hers out so she should just stay home :))

Lou and I are going out to dinner tonight to watch the election results come in. We are going to Fahrenheit in Tremont. They are having a wine tasting dinner. We don't get there are much as we would like. Hubby and I don't agree on politics so the conversation tonight should be interesting. He called me a tree hugger today. He also said he was going to become a Democrat so he can have some of the entitlements we hand out. I told him he was entitled to kiss my butt. He's been entitled to do that for a long time :))

This coming weekend I'll be taking a workshop with Barbara Becker Simon. She is coming to our PMC guild chapter for the weekend. Check out her website. Awesome artist in glass and PMC. We had so many chapter members wanting to take her classes we thought we were going to have to draw names. I'll be sure to get pictures of the workshops. Saturday is clasps and findings and sunday is hollow forms. We're going to have a pot luck Saturday night and she will give a presentation of her work. Below is a pic of her necklace. It won 2nd place in the Saul Bell Awards.



I think I'm going to take the following Monday off. I am so tired after a weekend workshop. I'm getting old. Or maybe it's that I work 2 jobs. Or that I stay up until ~2AM. Last night I was up late getting my taxes ready. I closed out the 2007 books for the bead business. Now I have to do my personal taxes. I actually don't do them. I just get everything ready for the accountant.

No comments: