Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fossils, Geodes, and More!!

 The other thing I wanted to see in Tucson was fossils and geodes.  But first I saw this....

I went all the way to Tucson to see fossilized dinosaur poop!!!  They should make t-shirts. 
These were table tops. If I were filthy stinking rich I would have these for my kitchen and bathroom countertops.

  

Ammonites the size of dinner plates.
  

Fossilized Mud Cracks...also called Septarian Node.

I don't even know what to say about this one.  It's definitely a boy geode....and it was happy to see us. 

It must be so much fun to find these out in nature. You just don't think these are going to be so large.  

Crinoids...fossilzed sea lily


For a mere $5,000 you too can have a giant amethyst geode!!
Just one of many tables filled with black tourmaline



Trilobites.  These were huge...like the size of serving platters. Imagine these crawling out of the primordial ooze.



This was the size of a coffee table. 


No comments: