Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Goal: 30 earrings and 10 necklaces in one weekend...

so I am ready for the show next weekend.  I can work a little bit during the week but the bulk gets done on the weekends. 

Needless to say my house and studio are a disaster area.  I have managed to get some laundry done but not much else.

The carnage that is my studio....

 Yes...I was sanding metal clay....and running with scissors.  What you can't see is my mask.  I do wear one when I sand.

 I said it was carnage.....

Gotta have my glass of Diet Dr. Pepper...that's my version of coffee

 Maybe I shouldn't have posted these...this is embarassing

 I use a strainer from the kitchen store to sift through the carbon for my pieces.  It works really well.

All the stuff on the floor by the wastebasket....I tipped over a container of little spacers....no time to pick them up...LOL...gotta keep going.  If I need them I know where they are.

 Lots of bits and pieces all over the place.  I sometimes wonder how I can work like this.

 Glass, bone bronze, brass....

 Some cool beads by Karen Elmquist...the white and frosted round ones.  The rectangular ones are Roman glass


And the results......so far 7 necklaces and 27 pairs of earrings...and I still have about 6 hours left before I call it a night.


Later!!
.

8 comments:

Donna Picione said...

lol ........... it looks like my sewing room ..
LOVE IT!!!!

hope to see you this weekend

Katie Hanrahan said...

OMG! Creative Chaos! Reminds me of Robert Dancik's bench. ;-)

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

I love your mess. Organized chaos. I find that when I clean is when I cannot find anything.
Just don't vacuum till you clean up those spacers!!!
Shannon

Cristina Leonard said...

You go girl! Everyone's workspace looks like this from time to time. If they say it doesn't either they're lying or they aren't working hard enough! I know mine looks worse than this right now. Have a wonderful show this weekend!

Gail said...

LOL...I know alot of us work like this. I have to keep Lou out of the room right now. He wants to vaccum up the spacers. He likes to hear the noise of them being sucked up.

Linda Gaughran Grimes said...

OMG, mine looks exactly the same right now, for the same reason. But now that I think about it mine looks like that even when I don't have a show coming up...

Karen Elmquist said...

You rock!!!

Chris said...

I just walked away from my messy messy messy bench....I so relate to your post. Making lovely pieces in chaos! :-)