Friday, January 1, 2010

Can it really be 2010???

I remember sitting in front of the TV watching 2000 roll in. I spent the night alone because Lou had to be at the hospital in case Y2K was a disaster. It wasn't. I can't believe a year has gone by...let alone a decade. I sound old...LOL. Only older people talk about how fast time passes.

Last night we went to dinner with family and friends. Good dinner....way too much food and champagne. I was asleep before midnight.

I guess now is the time I should be thinking about what I want to accomplish in the next year. I hear the new thing is not to do resolutions...but to choose a word to inspire your path in the coming year. My word for the year is "ACT". I have periods of time when I seem to founder. I don't get into the studio, ideas don't come to fruition, chores don't get done.....I vegitate...both physically and mentally. So I will remind myself to "ACT".

With that in mind...I will spend some time in the studio tomorrow. I have some unfinished bronze pieces that need some attention and I want to improve one of images that I've used as a tear-away.

And right now I have to put a load of laundy in they dryer....I guess "ACT" applies to work as well as play.


No comments: