Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pretty Baubles from Ellen Dooley

Many of you know that I am a lampwork bead addict. I don't make them myself but I have scoured the planet and found a few artists whose work I really like. Ellen Dooley has been in that group for years. She sent me an e-mail about a week ago telling me that she had a few beads that had my name on them. She dropped them in the mail and I got them a earlier this week. My reaction when I opened the package was....well...a kid on Christmas morning would describe it best. These beads are beauties!!! Don't take my word for it....LOOK.....





Now look at them next to some of my bronze work........




The beads are a mix of colors...gold, green, blue, purple and depending on how you hold them to the light and what colors they are up against they look different.

I'm likin' these!!! I think Miss Ellen needs to make some more and put them in her Etsy shop (check it out) for all you who like to combine your metal with glass. These beads would look great with silver or bronze....and great with the new cooper metal clay. Oh la la!!

I am going to make some large bronze medallions this weekend to go with these beads. There will be pics later.

6 comments:

Maggie Bergman said...

Wow Gail, what a gorgeous comination, colours are great, textures a lovely contrast. Great buy!

Katie said...

Those are beauts! Can't wait to see how you put them all together. I'm gonna check out her Etsy shop today...

Vickie Hallmark said...

They are perfect with your bronze! Can't wait to see the finished goodies.

Ellen Dooley Lampwork said...

thanks Gail..I thought they would look great with your brass beauties..and definitely have your name on em.....enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Those lampwork beads are great! And she was right, they did have your "name" on them, or maybe your bronze clay.....it looks like all these were made to be part of a set! The color reflection on those beads is terrif! Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Karen Elmquist said...

Those look excellent together!