Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time for a Change

I'm giving up metal clay.......(pregnant pause)...... so that I can do some assembly.  Assembly is too much of a manufactuing term.  I love the word assemblage but that usually refers to 3D compositions with found objects. I suppose if you really stretched the definition it could be used...but until I find a better word...assembly will have to do.

And we all know that I couldn't give up metal clay.  Bronze is in my blood....and it's not just because I do a lot of sanding..LOL.  Don't tell the safety police. 

I've spent the past few months working my way through a couple of kilo's of BronzClay.  Here's a portion of what I have stockpiled.


HeHe....It's fun just to rummage through the pieces.  But now it's time to turn them into necklaces and earrings....and maybe some bracelets.  I have some many cool African beads to go with these pieces.  I can't wait to get started. 
.

4 comments:

Niky Sayers said...

What a fantastic pile of potentential! Cany wait to see what you make.

Gail said...

Thanks Niky!!

My Insanity Jewelry said...

You are so going to have fun.

Mary Newton Designs said...

Can't wait to see the results!