Monday, August 20, 2007

Street Festival Rained Out

All summer long the weather has been dry and beautiful. Sunday when I was going to my first outdoor art fair....it rained...all day. I did go downtown to set up. I had a prime location in front of the Velvet Dog, next to Sushi Rock. The Cavaliers were going to be set up not far my tent. And, we were a decent distance from the stage.....close enough to hear but not too close to get blasted out. I didn't bother to set up because many people were packing up. 30 minutes after I arrived they cancelled the festival because the rain extended back into Indiana. The might hold it this Sunday, but I am not holding my breath...to many people and organizations to line up on short notice. They did say that if I wanted to exhibit next year they would give me a discount because I made the effort and showed up. So I will store away my tent until next year. At least this forced me to buy a tent. That with the pro photos I have...I'm all set to apply for next summer's shows. I have a private home party on Friday for a friend at work. I certainly have a lot of inventory for her show.

Tonight we have to cut up a tree. In a previous post I asked "What's Next?"...well a tree fell in the backyard. Not the whole tree but a branch. A branch of a 50-60 ft tree. It is about 18 inches in diameter. We live in an old forest. All of Cleveland for that matter. It's why we are called the Forest City. From Wikipedia......The inspiration for the name is a famous reference to Cleveland, describing a highly sophisticated society amid a heavily forested environment in Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America, which contains the Frenchman's observations of the United States in the 1830s. Cool.

Anyway....the "branch" missed our power lines but landed on the neighbors chain link fence. Bent that up a bit but at least it didn't knock it down. Lou and my brother tried to move it off the fence...they couldn't. That's how heavy it is. I'm grateful it didn't hit anyone's house. So my brother is coming back up tonight to cut it up with a chain saw.

No comments: