Thursday, January 14, 2016

Iris

Neflix now has "Iris" which is a documentary on Iris Apfel.  If you like fashion, jewelry, and beads you need to watch this movie.  She is 94 years old and FABULOUS


Her clothing and jewelry collections are something to drool over.  I would love to spend a day going through her closets. She wears flamboyant outfits and massive necklaces with such ease and confidence and looks great doing it. Style and individuality...she's doing it right!!



One of my favorite quotes of hers....

"I never felt pretty, I don’t feel pretty now; I’m not a pretty person. I don’t like pretty, so I don’t feel badly. And I think it worked out well, because… when you’re somebody like myself, in order to get around and be attractive, you have to develop something, you have to learn something, and have to do something, so you become a bit more interesting. And when you get older, you get by on that. Anyway, I don’t happen to like pretty. Most of the world is not with me, but I don’t care."


No comments: